About faculty

 A brief history of Faculty
 

In the academic year 1950-1951 a teacher training centre was established in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities to cope with the educational needs of the region. This centre became independent as Tabriz Teacher-Training College in 1968.

Since 1968, two more departments of home economics and library science offering undergraduate degree have been added to the household. Two years later, that is, in 1970 master’s program of library science was added to the Department of Library Science with seven students admitted out of thirty four candidates. In the same academic year, based on the approval of the Supreme Council of University of Tabriz, the name of the college changed to the Faculty of Education.

In 1975, the Department of Psychology was detached the Faculty of Arts and Humanities and joined to the Faculty of Education and shortly, according to the approval of Higher Council of Cultural Revolution, the name changed to Clinical Psychology.

Department of Education was established in 1973 and later in 1983, it was renamed as the Department of Instructional Technology. Again in 1991, the name of the faculty changed to what is now called the Faculty of Education and Psychology.

The students of the faculty benefit a wide range of facilities including the instructional technology lab, the library science lab and the psychology lab. In a beautiful surrounding green area towards the southern part of the faculty, a fairly perfect and modern Nursery School is located, which is active under the supervision of the faculty. At present six private and qualified non-profit making schools of the city are affiliated to the faculty for research and experimental purposes.
 

Fculty of Education and Psychology

 

A View of Faculty Classroom

 

About Faculty
Faculty of Education and Psychology is one of the oldest faculties of Tabriz University. This faculty established in 1950, which at its inception was known as Teacher Training College and to cope with the education needs of the region, only had accepted candidates of literature teaching. In 1968, house economics and library science was added to the total fields of this faculty. Two years later, in 1970, master’s program of library science was added to the Department of Library Science with seven students admitted out of thirty four candidates. In the same year, based on the approval of the Supreme Council of Tabriz University, the name of the faculty changed to the Faculty of Education.
In 1975, Department of Psychology was detached the Faculty of Literature and Human Science and joined to the faculty of education. Since 1983, the name changed to Clinical Psychology. Also, since 1987 the Faculty of physical education and sport sciences was added to this faculty. Finally, since 1991, the name of the faculty changed to what is now called the Faculty of Education and Psychology.
 Now, the faculty consists of four departments of Psychology, Education, Cognitive Neuroscience, and Knowledge and Information Science. Departments of Psychology, Education, and Cognitive Neuroscience, admits students to Ph.D., and Knowledge and Information Science to MA.
The students of the faculty benefit a wide range of facilities including: instructional technology laboratory, library science laboratory, and psychology laboratory. In a beautiful surrounding green area toward the southern part of the faculty, a fairly perfect and modern Nursery School is located, which is active under the supervision of the faculty. At the moment, six private and qualified non-profit making schools of the city are affiliated to the faculty for research and experimental purposes.  

 

 

 

 

Fculty in begining of spring